Remark Classic OMR 5.0
Feature HighlightsSee also New Features/Enhancements made to the version 5.0 upgrade.
Test Grading Highlights
- Quick and easy test grading. Using Easy Grade, simply scan the answer key with the test answer sheets, click a button and reports are produced.
- Sophisticated test grading. For more advanced grading, a Grade Wizard steps you through the process of setting up an answer key (including allowing multiple correct answers), selecting a grade scale, entering question points, adding learning objectives to measure against mandated standards, setting benchmark scores for comparison against established benchmarks and other grading information for your test.
- Multiple test versions.Grade multiple versions of a test with multiple answers keys.
- Scaled scores. The Grade Wizard supports "scaling" a score, whereby you look up grades in an external table (based on total score, percent score or percentile) and then apply the scaled score from the external file. Provides for customizable grading.
- Achievement by demographic. Reports are available to compare achievement across various demographic groups of students.
- Statistics Calculated:
- For each item Remark Quick Stats calculates: Mean, Variance, Standard Deviation, Standard Error, Min, Max, Range, Median, Skewness, Kurtosis, T-Value, Percentiles, Confidence Intervals, P-values, Point Biserial Correlation
- For each answer choice Remark Quick Stats calculates: Frequencies, Percentages, Point Biserial
- For each student Remark Quick Stats calculates: Total score, Raw score, Grade, Dev. IQ, Number correct, incorrect, unanswered
- For the test Remark Office OMR calculates: Number of graded tests and items, Max, Min, Median, Range, Percentile scores, Mean, Variance, Standard Deviation, Confidence Intervals (1,5,95,99%), KR 20, KR21, Coefficient (Cronbach) Alpha
Survey Tabulation highlights
- Quick and easy tabulation. Using Easy Survey, quickly generate standard reports in one click
Customizable reporting. Use the Survey Wizard to customize the survey analysis process, including creating groups of like questions to compare means and measure against established benchmarks as well as weight importance of questions.
- Data comparisons. Compare survey responses across subsets of data.
- Filtering data. Automatically filter data on specific criteria and produce reports based on the filters (e.g., if evaluating a conference, breaking reports down by session).
- Statistics Calculated:
- For each item Remark Quick Stats calculates: Mean, Variance, Standard Deviation, Standard Error, Min, Max, Range, Median, Skewness, Kurtosis, T-Value, Percentiles, Confidence Intervals
- For each answer choice Remark Quick Stats calculates: Frequencies, Percentages, Valid Percent
Data Analysis and Reporting Overview
- Remark Classic OMR includes Remark Quick StatsŪ, a built-in analysis and reporting package that is used to grade tests or tabulate survey style forms. With the click of a button, the software provides many standard reports. Reports are customizable in terms of information displayed, colors, fonts and graphics. All reports can be exported to various formats, including PDF, and emailed in order to get information into your constituents’ hands quickly and efficiently. Decisions based on your important data can be made immediately.
- Exports test grades directly into several popular gradebook packages, student and Learning Management Systems.
Export options: Save data internally or export to 35+ formats.
- SPSS (SAV)
- Access 2007/2010 (MDB, ACCDB)
- Excel 2007/2010 (XLS, XLSX)
- SQL Server
- ASCII [tabs] (ASC)
- ASCII (ASC)
- Spreadsheet (TXT)
- Survey Pro
- DIF Files (DIF) Report (RPT)
- dBase (DBF)
- Lotus (WK3, WK1, WKS)
- Paradox (DB)
- Survey System (DAT)
- Questionmark (QSF)
- DIF Files (DIF)
- HTML (HTM)
Scanning and Form Processing Features
- Scanners. Works with common OMR scanners from Scantron, Chatsworth Data, Sekonic, and Apperson.
- OMR. Accurate optical mark recognition.
- Barcodes. Supports barcode reader on Scantron and Sekonic OMR scanners.
- Print on forms. Prints user-specified information on scanned sheets when used in conjunction with a Scantron or Sekonic reader containing a printer (e.g., date, time, record number).
- Scan and grade in one step. Scan and Grade option allows you to print a grade on pages as they are scanned when using a scanner with a printer.
- Scantron SelfScore. Supports SelfScore mode Scantron OMR readers so that grading can occur on the scanner as forms are scanned.
- Rejects forms with errors. Supports select stacker to reject pages with errors on them and send them to the select stacker for review.
- Easy data clean up. Integrated error correction/data-entry features.
- Capturing handwriting. Input field type allows for data entry of handwritten data.
- Scans header sheets. Processes batch header sheets that provide descriptive information about the forms being scanned.
- Database validation. Validates scanned data against external databases.
- Database linking. Links to external databases to pull in extra information, such as respondent demographics.
- Change logs. Track changes made to data files for the utmost in security.
- Email. Email data directly to constituents as soon as it is collected.
Form and Setup Features
- Form Types. Forms commonly scanned with Remark Classic OMR include tests, assessments, surveys, research studies, evaluations, inventory, field testing, and many others!
- Standard Forms. Processes many standard OMR forms out of the box.
- Custom Forms. Provides ability to create software definitions (templates) to scan custom forms.
- Multipage form support. Processes double-sided and multi-page forms.
|If you plan to purchase a scanner for use with Remark Classic (Magenta Suite) or Remark Office software (Concord Suite), here are some pros and cons to consider:
Remark Classic OMR®
- You may obtain a higher speed of scanning (i.e., up to 3500 sheets per hour).
- The scanner can be left unattended.
- The scanner has capability for a separate hopper for rejected forms to automatically be sent and dealt with later.
- You can capture much more data on an OMR form reducing paper costs.
- An OMR scanner is dedicated to this type of application. It cannot be used to "scan" non-OMR documents.
- Printing of forms must be very precise; large quantities are typically ordered from printers specializing in this application.
- Copies of OMR forms cannot be scanned.
Remark Office OMR®
- It costs less to implement this solution as far as the cost of the page scanner.
- A page scanner can be used for other applications.
- Printing of forms for use with the page scanner does not have to be as exact as for an OMR.
- You may scan using copies of forms.
- Page scanner speed is not nearly as fast as an OMR scanner speed.
- The automatic document feeder normally holds 50-100 sheets at a time.
- You cannot capture as much data on an image form as on an OMR form.
|Remark Classic Technical Specifications | Remark Classic Overview|
Remark Classic Pricing
download demo for free trial | request information